An environmental permit is required for all processes covered under the Environmental Permitting regulations. This includes waste transfer stations, metal recycling facilities, car breakers & other waste sites.
Environmental Permits are either Standard Rules or bespoke permits. Which type of permit you require depends on your location and the type of operations your business carries out. Permits can be transferred, varied and surrendered and many applications we make are for clients with existing permits who need to adjust them to match changes to their business.
When submitting your application, you will need to submit a variety of plans, surveys and procedures. The most important are the Fire Prevention Plan (FPP) and the Environmental Management System (EMS).
Examples of other works which may be required include noise surveys, Site Condition reports, dust management plans, odour management plans, and environmental procedures.
The works that we provide to submit a Permit application include:
- Liaison with Environment Agency/Local Authority and relevant Statutory Consultees;
- Provision of advice on compliance with Environmental Permitting Regulations;
- Preparation of a Environmental Management System, Fire Prevention Plan, Site Risk Assessment and associated application documentation as required;
- Preparation of all supporting documentation, including, as appropriate, Application Site Report, EP OPRA Assessments and site-specific supporting information document;
- Advice on regulatory compliance issues;
- Preparation of responses to post-application queries;
- Provision of a follow-up service to prepare the subsequent Permit Improvement Programme reports and assessments, including, as required, the Site Protection and Monitoring Programme, Accident Management Plan, Dust and Odour Management Plans, completion of annual returns, COTC Cover;
Call us on 01782 308444 to discuss what we can do for you.